Data Engineer – Data modelling – Python/SQL
Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
Thu, 29th April 2021
This newly created role involves working for a globally recognised bank who are now at the forefront of data engineering
This newly created role involves working for a globally recognised bank who are now at the forefront of data engineering across a range of sectors.
They are now seeking a talented and driven data engineer to join their commodities and global markets data transformation programme and play a key role in this transformative project.
They are now searching for a proven data engineer to join their team to help develop cutting-edge applications and analysis as they are actively look for innovative ways to achieve outstanding results.
This role comes with a wide range of responsibilities such as:
- build complex data models
- work with the business to understand data requirements
- deliver insights from a wide range of data sources/databases
- continuously identify opportunities to improve the quality of the platform
- identify systematic efficiencies to improve the data modelling and management
- monitor performance and ensure infrastructure is appropriately matched to support workload and SLA’s
- troubleshoot and resolve production issues and user questions
- maintain their Information Security standards on the engagement
- work across an Agile environment
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong data modelling experience with a background in Banking and Finance industry
- Good SQL experience
- Python experience
- Experience with Collibra and Alation is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player with the ability to forecast workloads
The below skills are desirable:
- Experience with Big Data querying tools like Hive, Spark, Presto
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Managed data pipelining with tools like Apache Oozie or Airflow
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java, C++ or Scala in context of Big data technologies
- Prior working experience with AWS – any of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR, Apache Parquet
This newly created role offers an experienced ambitious Data Engineer the opportunity to join an extremely innovative results orientated environment.
To apply for this role please send your resume in word format to – [email protected] or please phone 0402 751 247
Apply for this Job