Mon, 25th January 2021
A high-level government department in search of an experienced and suitably qualified Counsellor to join their team on a rolling fixed-term contract
My client is the cornerstone of the Government’s veteran mental health support response, delivering professional, military aware, support to all current and former serving ADF personnel and their families.
Counsellors are supported by a team of professional administrative staff who are also familiar with, and respectful of, the commitment and sacrifice of Australia’s defence personnel and their families.
- Provision of high quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Maintaining clinical records according to standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery
- Liaising and forming partnerships with other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs as required
- Applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Qualifications must be that of an accredited health profession or social worker
- Qualified health professionals must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Preference is for mental health professionals including Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Occupational Therapists
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencement
Benefits and perks
You will enjoy the benefits of working within a supportive and diverse working environment, with ongoing professional development and training.
You will also receive a generous hourly rate of up to $65 per hour + super.
This role will be Monday – Friday only, no on-call/no weekends.
If you feel this is the position for you, then click the ‘APPLY’ button without delay or contact Holly Gilson on 02 9003 4907