Counsellor | Government Department | Rockingham
Mon, 12th April 2021
Excellent opportunity for an experienced and suitably qualified Clinician to join a government organisation on a long term contract.
About the business
A high-level government department based in Rockingham are currently in search of an experienced and suitably qualified Counsellor to join their team on a fixed-term contract.
About the role
As an experienced Counsellor, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing a complex caseload of individuals who have suffered or are suffering from PTSD, depression, anxiety and other mental health issues as a result of time carried out in the armed forces.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Carrying out assessments, both in person and over the phone.
- Maintaining of clinical records.
- Liaising with families.
Benefits and perks
You will enjoy the benefits of working within a supportive and diverse working environment, with ongoing professional development and training.
You will also receive a generous hourly rate of up to $65 per hour + super.
This role offers various 7.5 hour work day rosters that include later start (1045 – 1845) for up to two days per week; other combinations of 0815-1615 and 0900 – 1700 also offered.
Skills and experience
To be successful in securing this role, you must possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology or Social Work.
- Full & Current AHPRA or AASW membership
- Social Workers must be Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
- Current police check and working with children check.
- Must be an Australian Citizen.
- A minimum of 2+ years recent experience working with individuals suffering from similar issues.