Counsellor | Government Department | Canberra
Fri, 30th August 2019
Canberra Based Location
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Counsellor to join a government department on a long term contract basis.
About the business
A high-level government department based in Canberra are currently in search of an experienced and suitably qualified Counsellor to join their team on a fixed-term contract.
About the role
As an experienced Counsellor, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing a complex caseload of individuals who have suffered or are suffering from PTSD, depression, anxiety and other mental health issues as a result of time carried out in the armed forces.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Carrying out assessments, both in person and over the phone.
- Maintaining of clinical records.
- Liaising with families.
Benefits and perks
You will enjoy the benefits of working within a supportive and diverse working environment, with ongoing professional development and training.
You will also receive a generous hourly rate of up to $60 per hour + super.
This role will be Monday – Friday only, no on-call/no weekends.
Skills and experience
To be successful in securing this role, you must possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology or Social Work.
- Full & Current AHPRA or AASW membership
- Social Workers must be Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
- Current police check and working with children check.
- Must be an Australian Citizen.
- A minimum of 2+ years recent experience working with a similar caseload.
If you feel this is the position for you, then click the ‘APPLY’ button without delay or contact Ceri Hoult, National Healthcare Manager on 08 6465 4691.