Corporate Communications Advisor
Tue, 8th October 2019
View to extend/be made permanent
3-6 month assignment initially
An exciting opportunity to join ASX listed business in the Corporate Communications Team.
About the role
The Corporate Communications Advisor’s primary purpose is to provide support to the Corporate Communications Manager in implementing internal and external communication strategy and developing the materials, tools and initiatives that support that strategy. As an integral member of this team, this role provides the opportunity to develop your writing, project and event planning and implementation skills.
Role requirements and responsibilities
- Write, build and distribute the monthly employee newsletter, regular broadcast emails and other employee communications, such as intranet stories and employee slide packs, and keep the employee communications intranet hub up-to-date, to ensure employees are kept abreast of latest corporate developments
- Provide support for activities such as results reporting, fundraising, social responsibility campaigns, PR events and conferences. This includes creating articles, fact sheets and flyers and providing event management support for company-wide employee briefings;
- Develop the digital/social media communications strategy, including refresh of the Company’s website and intranet site;
- Work closely with the People and Culture department and other departments to build the employer brand, influence positive change and deliver meaningful internal communications that enforce desired values and behaviours;
- Develop and manage concept and design of marketing materials, including advertising and brand optimisation;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Background and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism, business or marketing are required
- 4+ years’ experience in a corporate communications/media role or in a communications agency
- Strong business writing and editing skills with an attention to detail
- Good engagement and communication skills
- Ability to plan and deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- Comfortable working as part of a small, high-performance team with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint, shared media platforms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Experience in media relations and social media strategy development