Content Specialist – Editorial
Wed, 8th January 2020
Great team and environment to drive innovative and engaging content
Health and wellbeing
Well regarded brand and organisation to work for
Working with a leading Private Health Insurer to develop and produce a range of engaging content.
About the role
The role of the Content Specialist exists to research, develop, write and manage a range of content in line with the established content strategy.
This position is a key player in the content team and will be responsible for working closely with external publishers to produce the member magazine and newsletter as well as work across a range of other content and communication projects including brochures, flyers, video/animation scripting, Year in Review, podcast etc.
Most of the writing work spans rewrites, editing and proofreading and you will need to have a strong understanding of story, structure etc. You will also be one of the chief guardians of verbal identity, tone of voice and will be responsible for ensuring brand alignment for all content and communications.
With a content-first, channel-agnostic approach You will be a confident communicator with the ability to drive content initiatives and work to deadlines autonomously.
Role requirements and responsibilities
- Create content that aligns with brand, content and business strategy
- Ensure all written communications are in line with tone of voice and brand style guide and champion the brand through language
- Regularly review cross-channel communications materials and generate new ideas to ensure content supports business objectives and make recommendations accordingly
- Work with the Senior Content Marketing Manager to implement and maintain adherence to a brand tone of voice style guide
- Update and maintain the cross-channel content calendar to give business full visibility of activity and metrics
- Collaborate with other content owners to integrate content creation and management activities
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor a range of communications for various areas of business including – Health Insurance, Life, Overseas Visitors, Travel, Pet Insurance and others as required
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and produce a range of content and communications that fulfil specific business unit objectives.
- Liaise and manage selected external supplier relationships such as agencies and third parties.
- Maintain a sound understanding of issues, trends and directions in health content and medical services
- Take ownership of the production of brand communications including a magazine and monthly e-newsletter, working with the Marketing Coordinator to manage all timelines, content, approvals, design, printing and distribution
- Work with the Brand and Advertising teams across the season marketing plan, including above the line, below the line, digital and on ground marketing promotions to find opportunities to integrate marketing efforts.
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with key business units regarding plans and timelines of communications materials
- Write and develop proposals, reports and presentations for internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate and contribute to post implementation analysis/review to enable understanding of communication effectiveness
Background and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in copywriting/editing/journalism/communications /marketing or related field
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofing skills, as well as verbal communication skills
- Significant (minimum 5 or more years) experience in communications or publications development for a medium to large size business
- Editorial mindset with experience in creating and deliver content across various formats and channels
- Excellent organisational abilities, ability to multi task, and work under pressure
- Ability to think independently and initiate suggestions for improvement where suitable
- Ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships with peers, Managers and General Managers of Business Units, and agencies
- Team player with a can do attitude and solution focus
- Experience working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To be considered for this role you must have an established health writing background and be familiar with the Australian healthcare system and have a general interest in health and wellbeing.