Commercial Manager – Energy/Resources Industry
Tue, 8th October 2019
This Global resources company based in Sydney CBD requires an urgent Commercial Manager to run their Sydney and overseas finance function.
Partner with the General Manager and other key stakeholders to deliver all aspects of financial support including cost control, reporting, advice, budgeting, forecasting and planning, production initiatives and ad hoc requests.
Some overseas travel will be required for this role. The initial fixed-term contract will run for 10 months with the possibility for extension or to go permanent. The ideal candidate will be able to start immediately but candidates on notice will also be considered.
- Prepare and book accruals, other accounting journals, accounting papers and conduct reviews of the monthly accounts
- Prepare and review monthly management reports in line with reporting deadlines, with analysis of underlying variances and cost drivers to support decision making
- Support the Finance Manager with process improvements, monthly and quarterly reporting analysis and other ad hoc requests
- Supervise and mentor team including allocation of work tasks, setting of KPIs, development plans and performance appraisals
- Ensure compliance with policies and systems and provide advice on correct accounting processes
- Business/commerce degree with relevant post tertiary accounting qualification such as CA/CPA
- Minimum 7 years post qual experience is essential within similar roles
- Fantastic communication and stakeholder management skills
- Energy/Resources industry experience will be highly regarded
Due to a high volume of applications, only succesful candidates will be contacted.