AU$110000 - AU$120000 per annum
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne, Australia
Mon, 23rd May 2022
Reporting to the Commercial manager, the Commercial Analyst is responsible for supporting and preparing detailed financial analysis including financial modelling,
Reporting to the Commercial manager, the Commercial Analyst is responsible for supporting and preparing detailed financial analysis including financial modelling, profitability analysis, documentation, return on investment/ discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business issues and impact to bottom line. The role is responsible for supporting planning, performance reporting, trend analysis for all businesses.
- Support the analysis of business performance, including the profitability, revenue, pricing, cost of goods sold, budgets and policies. Identify and report on trends.
- Provide business analysis, statistical & report writing capabilities that effectively underpin relevant business decision making processes.
- Assists in development of financial plans & business cases including budgeting and forecasting.
- Contribute to budgets, pricing and commercial arrangements.
- Support the Sales department by conducting analysis of commercial opportunities, responsible for advising final pricing for commercial contracts following review/approval process and liaising with finance and operations.
- Support driving efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and delivered on budget.
- Perform various analytical functions, analysing proposed introduction of new programs, etc. and provide actionable insights.
- Assist with enhancing existing price and costing models to ensure the target margin of contracts is managed and the risk/return profile of contracts as required.
- Assist in preparing internal management reporting packages, including analytical review and graphs.
- Undertake modelling and cost/benefit analysis for the whole organisation, for the evaluation of alternative business strategies.
- Develop business indicators to support and monitor business strategy implementation.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to management relating to areas of responsibility, new business initiatives, BPR, including impacts on pricing and contracts
- Assistance with maintaining ERP/software business systems including reconciliations of interfaces to/from other applications of financial systems.
- Running queries for audit reporting and automating processes where possible.
- Wide knowledge in ERP software, NetSuite preferable.
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages.
- Automotive experience preferrable
- CA or CPA Qualified
- Hybrid working from home arrangements
Apply for this Job