Chief Operating Officer
Mon, 20th January 2020
Key leadership role
Leading operations, commercial and safety across company projects
Growing group within the resources sector
Reporting to the managing director and board, this is a career opportunity for an experienced exceutive within the mining or oil and gas sectors.
An ASX listed company operating within the resources sector. This group has a number of joint ventures and several assets in exploration, development and production phases. With a highly experienced executive team, they are experiencing further growth and have the requirement for a suitably qualified COO.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this postion will be responsible for ensuring that the companys operational objectives are met, through maximising safe and cost effective production from the companys assets. Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the day to day operations of the company, ensuring strategies meet requirements and that options are continuously evaluated to ensure JV value for money
- Attend board and executive meetings to present information as required
- Assess and manage risk within operations
- Work with MD and CFO to develop and oversee the long term strategies of the company
- Overseeing the HS&E function to ensure all legislative requirements are met and staff are appropriately trained in accordance with policies and standards
- Provide business and development support across projects within the group
- Manage relationships with regulators and stakeholders
- Both lead and further develop the production operations team, by developing behaviours consistent with company culture
- Manage and engage direct reports as well as other team members
- Ensure the delivery of the operations budget, in conjunction with the MD and finance team
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasts, cost reports, as well as any unforeseen operational events are reported by the team
- Ad-hoc duties as required
You will be a strong and pragmatic people leader with a background within a small to medium organisation, in either the oil and gas, energy or mining sectors. You must have a strong understanding of operations within exploration, development and production stages. You will also have experience leading and building teams to create an engaged and committed environment. Proven ability to produce strategies and plans and deliver on these, as well as the ability to develop relationships and engage with stakeholders, is essential to be successful.
On offer is an attractive salary and package, as well as the opportunity to be part of a committed leadership team.