Business Development Manager
Fri, 6th November 2020
Business Development Manager (Technical) | Building and maintaining relationships | Competitive salary and benefits
About the role:
The Business Development Manager is a critical role to the business, and as such has some important duties and responsibilities to fulfil, with both short and long-term goals to achieve.
The BDM is the key conduit between our business and key external stakeholders and responsible for maintaining business, following up new business opportunities within existing customers as well as new customers. Planning and preparing customer facing presentations and communicating new product developments to customer base.
To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Building and maintaining relationships with End Users
- Develop and deliver product presentations and training for end users
- Develop a detailed understanding of the relevant the Australian Standards and the National Construction Code (“NCC”)
- Interpret and apply the Australian Standards and the NCC to advise Distributors and End User’s with correct product selection, provide technical advice and offer unique solutions.
- Document any oral technical advice issued.
- Site inspections for correct installations
- Develop sales strategies and promotional opportunities.
- Maintain customers CRM system.
- Provide industry feedback on market needs and new product opportunities.
- Joint customer calls
- Deliver technical training internally & externally
Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-moving business with a proven track record of managing, developing customer engagement in businesses
- Positive, friendly and proactive attitude
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong prioritisation skills ensure all applicable deadlines are met
- Process obsessed with an ethos of continual improvement
- Energetic, driven and results focused personality
- Passion for collaborating across functions to achieve positive outcomes
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed problem-solving ability, adept at finding creative solutions to challenges
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team
- Willing to challenge the status quo, to innovate, and look for smarter ways of doing things