Business Development Manager I Retail
Thu, 8th April 2021
Our client is seeking a Business Development Manager based in Melbourne!
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in achieving business growth success within consumer promotions and media sales.
- Create a strategy to target new clients
- Utilise a consultative approach with clients to understand their ambitions and be able to demonstrate how our client can support that with a clear ROI
- Have a clear, realistic and ongoing management of your sales pipeline throughout all cycles
- Actively respond to and convert leads as well as have the ability to generate new leads through a go-wide approach within organisations
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings and manage your territory to the highest standards
- Target clients at the Senior and C-level Executive level within dynamic and progressive organisations
- Work strategically with the team to start, grow and support all aspects of the business sales cycle
- Gather and relay market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams
- Maintain records of all interactions with qualified prospects using our internal tracking database
- Acts as the conduit between commercial and Product/Service Development for customer feedback and marketing
- Management report quarterly for all new business opportunities
- Experience working in FMCG, digital marketing agency or Technology (SaaS) targeting the retail sector
- Minimum 5 years proven sales results at the executive level
- Ability and willingness to travel to grow business as required
- Sound presentation skills, ability to listen, and excellent closing skills
- Strong organisational, analytical, and planning skills
- Strong business development background, with proven success in establishing and expanding client relationships, and showing excellence in maximizing account potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style and strong business ethic
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling our client’s award-winning marketing platform and services to leading brand manufacturers of FMCG companies across Australia.