Assistant Accountant – 12 Month Role
$75,000 to $100,000
Thu, 8th April 2021
Fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant looking to step up and join an organisation with a global presence and strong reputation
MARS Recruitment are excited to be partnering with an organisation with a strong global presence who are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a 12-month fixed term contract. This is an excellent opportunity that would suit an individual who is looking to progress in their career and join a prominent and well reputable business where you will have the opportunity to get involved in a diverse number of responsibilities and tasks. This role would suit individuals who can start a new role on short notice and individuals on 4 weeks notice as well. This role provides a great opportunity to gain fantastic experience and build a solid foundation with a global firm which can then be leveraged once the contract is completed. Further, with a commitment to flexible working conditions and surrounded by a strong finance team ensures for a complete package with this role.
In this role you will;
- Assist in month end and quarterly financial reporting including BS and P&L reporting
- Assist in management reporting such as forecasting/budgeting, profitability analysis and costing analysis.
- Preparation of a variety of bank reconciliations for domestic and international bank accounts
- Preparation of BAS activity statements
- Assist AP/AR function when required.
- Management of the fixed assets register
- Financial statement preparation – preparation of half year and yearly accounts
- Assistance with weekly exemption reporting and FBT return
- Posting general journals entries
- Preparation of tax calculations and income tax return
- Liaise with counterparts and other areas of Finance
- Ad hoc duties and project work
Ideally the successful individual will be;
- Tertiary qualified in commerce or business
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience within a similar role
- Strong communication skill both written and verbal
- ERP systems experience
- Intermediate Excel skills