Application Development Team Lead – ASP.Net
Wed, 2nd December 2020
The purpose of this role is to lead, and people manage a team of Application Developers in the local region as well as take on some hands-on.
This newly created role involves working for a globally recognised funds management company who due to growth of the business now require a new development lead.
The purpose of this role is to lead, and people manage a team of Application Developers in the local region as well as take on some hands-on application development tasks. The team will be responsible for the design, development, test and deployment of applications.
This role comes with a wide range of responsibilities such as:
- Lead and manage a team of motivated and skilled Application Developers.
- Proactively manage team members with respect to distributing work, supervising progress, skill development, succession planning, and career objectives.
- Provide management to the team to ensure all business needs are fulfilled and individuals are engaged.
- Perform hands-on development tasks following the software development lifecycle.
- Analyses approve and documents system solutions that support specific business opportunities.
- Writes and maintains technical system documentation.
- Analyses feasibility of and resources required for solutions, including analysis of compatibility/overlap with existing systems.
- Creates and maintains development, testing and deployment plans and timetables.
- Ability to design and develop solutions from the ground up from a pre-defined business requirements specification.
- Conducts system testing and corrects any discovered bugs.
- Supports user acceptance testing.
- Undertakes installation of completed software, including full documentation of release procedures.
- Provides technical support for deployed applications.
- Analyses, tests and installs upgrades of externally developed applications.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Provides technical consultancy and support to other developers.
- Ability to facilitate and communicate on new technologies, best practise and relevant experiences.
- Responsible for cross-training others to reduce key person risk.
- Create strong relationships with the IT teams in other regions globally taking every opportunity to reduce duplication and promote the global software development lifecycle.
- Takes ownership of application changes adhering to the global change process.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Strong Informatica ETL functional and development experience, PowerShell scripting experience.
- Skills in Microsoft MVC and Entity Framework.
- Previous use of Atlassian Toolset (Confluence/JIRA) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous – Oracle, PL-SQL
- Exposure to a variety of project delivery methodologies such as waterfall and Agile is desirable.
- Experience of continuous integration would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the funds management environment and systems.
- Experience in managing teams
- Ability to inspire and influence while managing changes.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- People-orientated and customer-focused
- Positive, pro-active and flexible ‘can do’ attitude with a willingness to learn
- Team player – recognise and respect the needs and contributions of team members
- Ability to scale processes and work with global stakeholders
- Escalation – ability to judge and prioritise critical incidents and blockers and escalate quickly to resolution in the face of tight timelines
- Motivation and focus to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Proven prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management
This roles offers an experienced application team leader a fantastic opportunity to join an extremely well established brand where you get fantastic exposure to a very broad technical stack whilst leading a team of passionate engineers.
To learn more about this role please contact Simon Payne on 9003 4921 or to apply please send your resume in word format to – email@example.com