Thu, 25th October 2018
Exceptional, highly strategic opportunity to manage the Bank’s Long-Term Funding
Key Leadership Opportunity with significant future upside
Unique mix of strategy, structuring and execution responsibilities
An exceptional, global opportunity to join the most sophisticated Group Treasury within the Australian market, working with industry thought leaders
This is an exceptional, unique and MARS exclusive opportunity to join the most sophisticated Group Treasury within the Australian market, working with industry thought leaders in a highly strategic and Bank critical role.
The team provides strategic planning and management of global balance sheet activities. It is responsible to both internal and external customers and stakeholders including ALCO, Group businesses, regulators, investors and rating agencies. In this capacity, the team is responsible for adding value to the Group as a strategic adviser to the CFO, CEO and Board
The Team and Business:
The team raises Long Term funding for the Group. This covers multiple programmes including Covered Bonds, Securitisation and Structured EMTN. The wider team also manages the Bank’s short term non-traded market risk, including the interest rate, foreign exchange, funding and liquidity risks associated with the Group’s lending and deposit taking business with teams located in all major financial centres globally.
The team has responsibility for the planning and execution of all secured and unsecured term funding, tier 2 capital, structured funding deals, development of new funding markets and assists in relationship management with debt investors, rating agencies, regulators and investment banking partners.
Regulatory restrictions govern how the Group’s balance sheet can be structured. Meeting these undertakings requires detailed analysis and interpretation of complex funding and debt capital markets issues and balance sheet settings while proactively adapting processes and tools to navigate the changing regulatory and liability landscape.
This opportunity will drive strategy development and the management of efficient execution of the Group’s Term Funding needs. This requires close collaboration with the broader Group Funding, Capital and Liquidity teams. The role will contribute to the strategy that defines how the bank structures its balance sheet within the restrictions of the ever-evolving global regulatory regime.
The position reports directly to the MD of the Team. The role has a great deal of daily interaction across the broader Group Funding team, Group Treasury and external business partners. The role also requires engagement with key internal teams including the wider Treasury team, ALCO, Risk, and Finance and external stakeholders including investment banks, local and international investors.
As part of the wider team’s responsibilities, there is a great deal of cross divisional engagement and project work performed with other teams within Treasury and the wider bank. The outcomes of these assignments are reported directly to the Group Treasurer.
- Assisting with the planning and execution process of secured and unsecured funding deals in both wholesale and private placement format.
- Assisting in the management and execution of securitisation and covered bond transactions including the asset pools.
- Managing the Group’s documentation including regular updates of global, EMTN and domestic programmes.
- Managing compliance of funding deals with any regulatory and contractual requirements e.g. APRA, ASIC, transaction documents, rating agency requirements, programme documentation, etc.
- Active involvement in the development, implementation and maintenance of internal systems to ensure business requirements are met.
- Liaising with external Investment Banks and other internal teams within the Group (RBS, Risk, Compliance, Legal) to ensure Group Funding requirements are taken into consideration.
- Working on private placement deals and buybacks that create revenue for Group Funding.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
To be considered, you will have:
- Higher tertiary education with relevant major such as law, maths and related engineering, economics, commerce or finance
- A fundamental knowledge of securitisation and debt products and markets and/or a legal background with a finance slant.
- Ideally a legal background working with/within financial institutions and funding transactions.
- Strong written communication, data analysis and manipulation skills.
- Exceptional relationship development / management skills.
This is a career defining role that is unique in the market and one where you will not only interact with key decision makers, but also have the opportunity to impress at the highest levels of the organisation.
To apply, please apply directly through SEEK or send a copy of your CV in Word Format to Matt.Whittall@MARSRecruitment.com.au
All suitable applicants will be considered and sponsorship is available to highly qualified applicants from relevant global financial centres.