Actuarial Analytics Manager
Fri, 26th June 2020
Competitive salary package
An exciting opportunity has become available with a leading life Insurer to join their Actuarial team as the Actuarial Analytics Manager.
An exciting opportunity has become available with a leading Life Insurer to join their Actuarial team as a Manager of Actuarial Analytics. The role will primarily focus on providing actuarial related deliverable’s within the Actuarial Services team, being accountable to the Appointed Actuary. The role will require someone with a strong understanding of Life Insurance financial & Actuarial concepts, the ability to work in cross functional teams, influence others and explain complex actuarial concepts in simple terms to non-actuaries.
- Manage the Actuarial Analytics team and provide support to the Head of Actuarial information to fulfill the team’s responsibilities.
- Collaborating across Actuarial Services and Pricing teams, including model development, data and process optimization and identifying experience drivers.
- Continuous improvement of experience investigation models and assumption setting process for all lump sum and income protection.
- Use machine learning and advanced statistical techniques to optimize pricing, risk management and operational procedures.
- Assist in cross functional business initiatives including the design and implementation of valuable business insights and performance metrics and reports.
- Assist the Senior Leadership of the Actuarial Services team as a key customer contact point to other parts of the business.
- Mentor and share knowledge across Actuarial Services.
- Qualified Actuary with 7 years + experience
- Strong understanding of the Life Insurance dynamics and relevant legislation and standards.
- Understanding of Life Insurance financial management, valuation, investment strategy and asset liability management.
- Ability to manage a team and prioritize work
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, power BI and R
If you have the required experience and are interested in this role please click apply or contact Liam Sweeney via Liam.Sweeney@Marsrecruitment.com.au.