Accounts Receivable Officer
Thu, 10th December 2020
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller the AR Officer will be responsible for several elements within cash management.
Our Client is a leading distribution wholesaler and has excellent growth strategies for the next 12 – 18 months. The preferred candidate will be provided with the opportunity of having full accountability and ownership financial statement areas allocated to them and leverage off this to develop and grow. Support will be provided to accommodate for this growth. These elements include but are not limited to end to end cash transactional & GL management, Balance Sheet Reconciliations as well reporting on overdue debtors & weekly collections.
- Weekly Bank & Suspense accounts reconciliation
- Set up online banking transactions and maintain adequate bank balances
- Perform automated AR Fuel Invoicing
- Perform ad hoc AP invoicing (support the AP teams at times)
- Maintain and reconcile Trade & Other Debtors and Trade & Other Creditors.
- Resolve receipt and payment allocation issues – follow up on missing remittance advices
- Run & distribute overdue debtor reports and monitor collections actions performed by others
- Monitor customer payment commitments
- Assist in the preparation of rolling cash forecasts
- Regularly assist accounts payable and be the contingency when AP staff member is on leave
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required by the Finance Manager and CFO
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to join an independent wholesaler, and to work close with the financial controller providing you the tools to up skill your current AR/Collections experience and gain some financial accounting knowledge.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role then please follow the link, or if you have already met with someone at Mars then please send an up to date copy of your CV.
Please note, due to the number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.