Accounts Payable Officer – Permanent
Wed, 5th May 2021
An exciting permanent opportunity has become available to join a dynamic National Finance Team in South Yarra on a full time basis.
The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for timely and robust processing of the groups payables. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person, close to Bars, shopping and street parking.
The major responsibilities include:
- Apply operational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure all invoices are processed accurately and on time & to the correct entities.
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoices, and other payment requests and ensure correct allocation per departments
- Manage internal approval systems for invoices using our internal approval system Approval Max.
- Manage our weekly workshop payment schedule
- Prepare payment batches and schedule pay runs as required to meet determined payment terms
- Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and month end AP reconciliations by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Prepare and process end of month accruals and prepayment journals
- Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner and identify improvements to the accounts payable process
- Adhere to departmental confidentiality
- Provide general administrative support to the finance department and the Head of Finance in other activities such as ERP system integration and data entry
The ideal candidate will need to possess a high level of personal integrity, confidentiality and discretion, have a willingness to work collaboratively and constructively as a member of the team, and the ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- High level of numeracy and accuracy skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Effective application of rational and focused problem solving enabling quick and accurate resolution of problems
- Experience in using a financial management software system and reporting tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with various department and suppliers nationally
- Great organisational skills: As a start up, limited guidance will be provided and we need the ideal candidate to be able to work autonomously
How to apply:
Please apply for the position below, please note that due to a high volume of applicants, not everyone will be contacted.