Each of the 17 team members brings their own unique spark to the practice. With the constant stream of new referrals means our demand for additional therapists just keeps growing.
The company are a busy private practice located in South Caulfield. They are looking to employ full-time, part time and/or sessional Speech Pathologists. Although experienced therapists are desirable, new graduates are encouraged to apply too, there is lots of support and training available with our senior Speech Therapist’s. Our caseload is mixed, consisting of clients with a range of speech, language, literacy, stuttering and social skills difficulties, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities. They have a particular interest in individuals with social skills difficulties and are currently running multiple Social Skills groups per week.
The clinic offer individual and group therapy at our clinic in Caulfield South, as well as mobile visits at local kindergartens, schools and clients’ homes. They also offer whole class language and social skill sessions for different ages. Although most of the caseload is paediatric, they also have several adult clients and there is the potential to see these clients for therapy if this is something that is of interest to you. Additionally, we run professional development workshops for parents, integration aides and teachers.
There is a team of Occupational Therapists onsite enabling a collaborative approach for many clients who access both Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy Services.
If you are a Speech Pathologist that is due to graduate in the next 12-18 months, please feel free to reach out as this role may be suitable for you.
What we offer:
Flexibility and encouragement to have a work/life balance so you can enjoy those holidays, special events and memorable occasions with family and friends. -Individualised working hours as well as flexible start and finish times can be arranged. We strongly believe that you will be able to give of your best when your needs are listened to.
- Above award rate starting salary with pay increases as an acknowledgement of your outstanding performance.
- An extremely supportive environment with weekly clinical support, advice and mentoring from experienced Speech Pathologists with a combined experience of 60+ years. We have ongoing team meetings throughout the year. An overall great team environment with professional development sessions provided as regular fun, social gatherings. Our staff lunch table is a beautiful daily tradition for team members to close their laptops and really engage with one another on a social level.
- Access to our team’s expertise, as our team consisting of Speech Pathologists with varied training in current and gold standard practices such as: MSLE, Prompt, Attention Autism, Hanen, PECS, Lidcombe, Social Thinking, DIR Floortime and Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment. We also have therapists with specialised experience in specific areas such as Fragile X Syndrome and the Attention Autism program.
- A budget to be used for professional development. We highly encourage all those on our team to attend Professional Developments and bring back their new knowledge to share with the team.
- An extensive range of assessments and therapy resources available with new resources constantly being purchased. They also have access to a large database of resources online that can be easily accessed. The client is always open to purchasing new resources and assessments based on therapists’ requests.
- Administrative staff to take care of all invoicing and client payments. Our practice management system is online and easy to use. Any invoicing queries are immediately handled by our administrative staff
- Eligibility for Certified Practising Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Professional Indemnity Cover and Public Liability Insurance
- Current Working with Children Check
- Private vehicle preferred but not essential
- Opportunities for career progression based on your personal areas of passion
- A varied caseload tailored to your interests
- Sponsorship opportunities for the right person
- Annual professional development allowance to be used as you wish
- Opportunity to take on adult clients if this is desired
- Work within a friendly collaborative team
- Regular social events and gatherings with the team
- Salary between 75-85K for junior therapist
To apply online, forward your resume by using the ‘Apply for job’ button, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Ceri Hoult on 08 6465 4691 / [email protected]
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted about this position.