Assistant Financial Accountant | Media
$75,000 to $100,000
Thu, 12th April 2018
Fantastic assistant accountant position with a leading Media firm. Role provides a generous salary, great development and progression opportunities.
MARS Recruitment are currently working with an ASX-listed company within media who are looking to bring on an assistant accountant to join their growing team. The successful applicant will have a great opportunity to work directly with a highly experienced finance team. This is a great career opportunity not only for professional development but also to gain commercial experience through liaising with external stakeholders. They are seeking someone with the drive and the desire to learn and heighten their professional capacity and to grow within the company.
- Prepare with End of Month duties including: accruals, prepayments, additions and deductions in an accurate & timely manner;
- Attend to Accounts Payable duties including entry, coding and processing of weekly invoices;
- Ensure all banking transactions are coded and noted to keep the ledger accurate and comprehensive;
- Reconcile and balance accounting information and prepare reports on a monthly basis;
- Populate journal template to adjust for specific settlement components to ensure clearing accounts match;
- Liaising with Sales/Operations staff on vendor queries;
- Take responsibility for several balance sheet reconciliations done monthly;
- Look at continual improvement of processes, procedures & controls;
- Provide assistance to the Financial Controller and other team members as required.
- Degree-qualified in accounting discipline;
- Commenced CA/CPA Qualification;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; and
- Efficiency in preparing monthly, half yearly and annual reports.
Should this opportunity interest you and you have the suitable skills and attributes required, please express your interest accordingly. Due to high volumes, only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with the strictest of confidence.
Accounting & Financial Services
02 9003 4926